With this visa you can

·       You can travel outside Australia and return as many times as you want while the eVisitor is valid.

·       as a tourist – for example, to cruise or have a holiday

·       to visit family or friends

·       as a business visitor

You can study or train for up to 3 months in total on this visa. But if your main reason for travelling to Australia is study, a student visa might be more appropriate.

Note: Applicants who are seeking to train at a childcare centre, study to be a doctor, dentist, nurse or paramedic or enter health care or hospital environments should apply for the Visitor (subclass 600) visa and complete the relevant health checks.

Business visitor

As a business visitor, you can:

·       make general business or employment enquiries

·       investigate, negotiate, enter into or review a business contract

·       conduct activities as part of an official government visit

·       take part in a conference, trade fair or seminar. The organisers can’t pay you to take part

You can’t:

·       work for or provide services to a business or organisation based in Australia

·       sell goods or services directly to the public

If you want to do short-term work in Australia that isn’t a business visitor activity, consider applying for a temporary work visa.

Applicant requirements

You might be eligible for the eVisitor visa if you are:

·       apply outside Australia

·       a passport holder from the following countries:

o   Austria

o   Belgium

o   Bulgaria

o   Croatia

o   Cyprus

o   Czech Republic

o   Denmark

o   Estonia

o   Finland

o   France

o   Germany

o   Greece

o   Hungary

o   Iceland

o   Ireland

o   Italy

o   Latvia

o   Liechtenstein

o   Lithuania

o   Luxembourg

o   Malta

o   Monaco

o   The Netherlands

o   Norway

o   Poland

o   Portugal

o   Romania

o   Republic of San Marino

o   Slovak Republic

o   Slovenia

o   Spain

o   Sweden

o   Switzerland

o   United Kingdom – British Citizen

o   Vatican City

You cannot apply with:

·       a non-citizen passport, certificate of identity or other travel document

·       a British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person or British Subject passport

How long you can stay

This is a temporary visa. The migration department grant it for 12 months. You can enter Australia any time your eVisitor is valid and stay for up to 3 months at a time.

The eVisitor is granted with multiple entry. You can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while it is valid.

The eVisitor starts on the date it is granted.

You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending this visa. You must apply for another visa.

If you want to stay longer for other reasons, you should be able to apply for a new visa that suits your circumstances.

Include family

You can’t include family members in your application. A separate application must be made for each member of your family, including those listed on your passport.


The eVisitor is free.

Processing times

The migration department process 90% of applications in 5 months

Your application might take longer to process if:

·       you don’t fill it in correctly

·       you don’t include all the documents we need or we need more information from you

·       it takes us time to verify your information